On the abandoned hamlet Paliochora's northwest, on top of the mountain Orion, sit the ruins of a Byzantine castle. Little is known for this castle; there is no mention of it in any historical source, and as such its date of building is unknown. During the Byzantine era, near the castle was a large settlement that was later abandoned in the 17th century. More than two centuries later, it was reused by the Greek rebels during the Revolution of 1821. Findings that date back to the Neolithic era have been uncovered between the castle ruins.
Today, the only thing that still stands is a square tower, its ruins reaching a height of 3 metres. Entrance is free, thought access is really difficult.