The village is 18km from Kalamata and 7km from Messini. It is built at an altitude of 40m and has approximately 800 residents. Its old name was Naziri, while its modern derives from its location on the foothills of Mount Eva. The church of the village is dedicated to the Dormition of the Mother of God (Koimisi tis Theotokou) and it was built in 1811 through a donation of Andreas Anagnostis Papatsonis, who offered his whole fortune to the Greek Revolution.
COUNTY: Messinia MUNICIPALITY: Messini