The Castle of the Archangel is on a hill, in the village of Polichni, 10 kilometres from Meligalas. Inside the castle is a Byzantine church built in the 10th century, though the surrounding castle is Frankish, built in the 14th century. In 1418, the Byzantines of the Despotate of Mystra took control of the castle, but lost it to the Turks in 1461-2.
Today, parts of the east wall remain, and in the northern side of the castle are ruins of a tower, a two story structure and other buildings. No other walls remain, and the castle is in poor condition.