A lowland settlement of 1,151 residents, in the centre of the plains of Argolida. The town is built on an altitude of 21 metres, 7.7 metres east of Argos and used to be called Merbaka, thought to be named after the catholic bishop of Corinth Moerbeke; according to others, its named after a Turkish general, while according to yet another theory, it is related to an Arvanite phrase. Though by no means certain, the prevailing opinion is the first one. The village took its current name in 1953.
The residents of Agia Triada are mostly farmers, engaged in citrus fruit cultivation; the village is full of orange groves. Since 1937, a farmer's association has been active in the area. The villagers are also engaged in trade.
An important sight of Agia Triada is the Byzantine church of Panagia of Vouzi, possibly built in the 12th century, and is a perfect sample of architecture under the rule of the Komnenos dynasty. In recent years, restoration and protection works have been done on the murals and the building; also, the cemetery of Agia Triada has been moved from the byzantine church's courtyard to a new location, freeing up the area.
An association is active in the village, named "Instructional Society of Agia Triada-Merbaka", organising many cultural events and even maintaining part of a choir. The local football team is called Pammideatikos and was founded in 1926.