The village is 2 kilometres from Nafplio, built on an altitude of 25 metres. It is inside the plains of Argolida, and has a population of about 760 residents, mainly engaged in agriculture.
The village is old, mentioned in a census of 1699 with the name Guyfi or Nioufi. That particular name possibly originates from the word Nymph or Nyfi (bride), or the word "anifa" which in Turkish means concentration camp. The village used to be populated by Arvanites and a few families from Arcadia, so the Greek language was as popular as the language of the Arvanites. In 1834 it was renamed in Prosymni, taking its current name in 1837.
Close by are many historical churches. The oldest is a Byzantine church dedicated to the Transfiguration of the Saviour (Metamorfosi tou Sotiros, in Greek), built in the 11th century. In the central square of the village is the church dedicated to Agios Dimitrios, built in 1920. Other important churches include the one dedicated to the Annunciation (Evagelismos tis Theotokou), one to the Dormition of the Holy Virgin (Koimisis tis Theotokou) and one to the Ascension of the Saviour (Analipsis tou Sotiros), the last one on the road from Anyfi to Neo Ireo. In the cemetery is also a church called Mais-Nikolas because it celebrates in the 9th of May (Mais is May in Greek).
The village is inside a large area of orange groves, it has two agricultural associations and one packaging plant of fresh produce.