Irakleia is a lowland village at an altitude of 60m with 400 residents. 16km from Pyrgos, the village used to be called Brouma until 1928. It is close to ancient Olympia and it was built upon the ruins of the ancient town of Irakleia, on the banks of Kythiros river.
The region has also a number of mineral springs. Irakleia is adorned with many notable churches such as the chapel of Agios Athanasios (St. Athanasios), the church of Koimiseos tis Theotokou (Dormition of the Mother of God) which was built in 1866 where once stood an older church, and finally the church of Agios Athanasios (St. Athanasios) built in 1957 on the ruins of an older church from which four exceptional icons were salvaged. Every year in the village, the custom of salted pork (pastoma) is revived in Tsiknopempti.