The village of Perigiali is a seaside settlement of about 1600 residents, in the Corinthian region and the municipality of Corinth. It is located 9 kilometers to the west of Corinth, in the coastline of the Corinthian gulf.
The earliest reports available about the village mention a small settlement of 50 houses, and about 218 residents in 1886. This is mentioned in a report by the German traveler Ludwig Salvator, in 1876.
The economy of the area is mainly based on agriculture. It produces raisins, olive-oil, vegetables and fruit. There has been a notable increase in tourism in the area, leading to many tourism-oriented businesses. Many cottages have also been built in the area. The beaches of the Corinthian gulf are an attraction, a short distance away from Athens.
The Cultural Society of Perigiali is very active in the area, and it supports theatrical events. The local football team is called “Proodeftiki Perigialiou” (meaning “The Perigiali Progressives”)