Pianas is a mountainous village in Arcadia at an altitude of 1,080m with 280 residents. It is located on the southeastern slopes of Mount Pianovouni, 21km northwest of Tripoli. In 1998, it was declared a traditional village due to its important role during the Revolution . In 1821, the Turks burned down the village and destroyed the camp that Theodoros Kolokotronis had founded for 300 armed fighters. Later, the Greeks retook the village. In July 1925, Piana was the supply point for Ibrahim’s forces, but an attack by the Greek army the same year caused many casualties in the turkish army.