A settlement of 335 residents, built amphitheatrically on an altitude of 120 metres, 7.5 kilometres east of Nafplio, overlooking the plains of Argolida. It was created by Arcadian migrants, from the mountainous villages of Roeino and Pyrgaki.
According to tradition, Pyrgaki village was destroyed after a landslide in 1870, and many residents headed towards the shore, initially the village of Tolo. Their initial target proved unable to support their animal husbandry, so they finally established today's Pyrgaki, obviously named after their home village.
Today, the local economy is mostly agricultural, producing olives and citrus fruits, supported by a few touristic businesses as well as catering businesses. The traveller can enjoy the beautiful village square and its churches, most notable being Agios Ioannis with its beautiful murals, Agioi Taksiarches, Agios Nikolaos, Agia Paraskevi and Agios Georgios, the last one being the central church of the village and dedicated to the patron saint. The cultural association "Agios Georgios" is active in the village, as well.