The village is about 10 kilometres from Nafplio, built on the verdant foot of the Agia Paraskevi hill, on an altitude of 41 metres. Its 750 residents are mainly engaged in agriculture and trade.
The village has four noteworthy churches; one dedicated to Agia Paraskevi where in the 25th of July is hosted a huge festival that gathers crowds from around the area; one dedicated to Agios Nikolaos, a preserved monument that has a significant historical and architectural interest and value; one to Agios Rafael and one to Agios Dimitris.
During the Greek Carnival, known as Apokries, the village holds a celebration and festival, rekindling traditions that attract many visitors. Every year, in March 11, there is an official event that honours an important incident that took place in the 11th of March, 1956; two fighter aircrafts had an aerial altercation and the destroyed parts fell on the village's central square. Thankfully, no resident was injured.