A settlement of 276 residents, built on an altitude of 86 metres and 5 kilometres north of Argos.
During the ancient times, a quarry used to be in its place, a source for the stone used in the construction of many well-known Mycenaean tombs.
The settlement as it stands today was founded during the Turkish rule with the name Priftiani, considered of Arvanite origin, taking its current name in 1935. The village's economy is mainly agricultural, producing olives and citrus fruits.
Active in the village is the cultural association "Asterion" with considerable cultural action, organising many events, some with the participation of children, and with a target of rekindling traditional customs. Near the village is also the well-known archaeological site of Ancient Mycenae.